SPOILERS!

I WANT TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR: I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU READ A POSTING AND I TELL YOU THE ENDING. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK OR SEEN THE MOVIE THAT I AM POSTING ABOUT, DO NOT READ THE POSTING. KTHNXBYE.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good Burger

I watched this blast from the past today and it reminded me of the hilarious, albeit stupid, humor of 90s kids comedy. Kenan and Kel are back as Dexter and Ed, two teenaged Good Burger employees making a quick buck over the summer. But Mondo Burger is having its grand opening right across the street and their burgers are absolutely enormous! How can Good Burger compete? With Ed's delicious special sauce! They get their customers coming back in just when Mondo Burger were starting to claim victory. What does Mondo Burger do? Try to trick the sauce recipe out of Ed! But Ed, being borderline retarded, is immune to the charms of Carmen Elektra and bribery. So putting shark poison into the special sauce to make all of the Good Burger patrons sick (dead) seems to be the logical next step. They throw Dexter and Ed into Demented Hills Insane Asylum, followed by the 77-year old Otis, the fry guy. Kel meets a crazy girl (a young Linda Cardellini!) who is in the asylum for breaking into the zoo and freeing all of the kangaroos. Ya know, because small space aliens landed in her head and told her to, a totally legit reason. A wacky dance number ensues with the crazy people and then Dexter, Ed, and Otis bust out. Ed saves an old lady from eating a poisoned good burger by tackling her to the floor. Ed and Dexter then break into the kitchen at Mondo Burger wearing old women disguises. The best part was when the disguises come off, Kel is wearing some pretty sexy ladies lingerie. Kenan distracts the bad guys while Kel dumps all of the chemicals that Mondo Burger uses into the meat grinder. The meat becomes so big that it starts exploding. The cops come and arrest the manager of Mondo Burger. "Kurt's going to jail, Kurt's going to jail, Kurt's going to jail, jail, jail." Happy ending!

I love this movie and I don' care who knows it. Kenan and Kel was my favorite show of all time. I can't even look at orange soda without thinking about Kel Mitchell. This movie is hilarious if you have that certain sense of humor. I miss my childhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment